Terms and conditions of MTB Express shuttle, transfer and tour services. Please read carefully the following terms and conditions. In completing and submitting the online booking form, you agree to be bound by these conditions that form the agreement between MTB Express (trading as a division of Remote Outback Cycle Tours Pty Ltd) and you.
*Temporary COVID-19 Special Terms*
Travel restrictions that impact your MTB Express booking. Covid-19 exceptional circumstances due to lock down restrictions terms and conditions: If you are unable to travel and keep your booking dates, we offer to put your booking ON HOLD until you are able to reschedule. ON HOLD bookings due to Covid-19 lock downs will be re-instated and the original paid price transferred for another date in the future.
2 Use of Tickets
You must hold a valid ticket and or fully paid booking is a condition of travel on the bus. All tickets and or bookings are non transferable to another person and can only be used on the route or service booked on.
3 Pre Purchasing Tickets
3.1 We recommend that you pre purchase your transfer or shuttle service 48 hours or more before you wish to travel to ensure a seat on the service you wish to travel.
3.2 We have a 60 minute window for pre purchased tickets from the time of the booking to departure time. Please ensure you book the correct service and destination(s).
3.3 Tickets and or bookings can be pre-purchased online from the our website at mtbexpress.com.au or you can walk up and pay the driver using debit/credit cards only, no cash is accepted. Walk ups are subject to availability and discretion of Us.
3.4 All bookings except for multi-day tour bookings must be paid in full at time of booking. Multi-day tour bookings need to pay a 20% deposit at the time of booking with the balance due no later then 30 days from the booked departure date.
3.5 We reserve the right to cancel any transfer, shuttle or tour booking were the balance due is not paid in full by the due date and resell the booked seat(s). 100% of what has been paid so far for the booking will be forfeited.
4 Cancellations and Changes
Cancellation by You
4.1 If you wish to cancel your booking, You must notify MTB Express via a message on our website contact page or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your notice of cancellation, cancellation will take effect on that time and date subject to the following:
4.2 For transfer and shuttle bookings (except private group bookings);
- If you cancel your booking 48 hours or more from the booked departure time then you will receive a full refund less a 20% cancellation fee of the paid price will apply.
- If you cancel your booking less then 48 hours from the booked departure time then a 100% cancellation fee of the paid price will apply.
4.3 For private transfer and shuttle group bookings;
- If you cancel your booking 7 days or more from the booked departure time then you will receive a full refund less a 20% cancellation fee of the paid price will apply.
- If you cancel your booking less then 7 days from the booked departure time then a 100% cancellation fee of the paid price will apply.
4.3 For all tour bookings;
- If you cancel your tour booking 60 days or more from the booked departure date then you will receive a full refund less a 20% cancellation fee of the paid price will apply.
- If you cancel your tour booking between 60 and 15 days from the booked departure date then a 50% cancellation fee of the paid price will apply.
- If you cancel your tour booking 14 days or less from the booked departure date then a 100% cancellation fee of the paid price will apply.
Changes by You
4.2 If you wish to change your booking please you must notify us at least 48 hours before your booked departure date. All change requests can be made via our website contact us page or via email to email@example.com.
4.3 Any change requests by you are at the discretion of MTB Express and subject to our cancellation policy and availability.
Cancellation by Us
4.4 Force Majeure if MTB Express is prevented (directly or indirectly) from performing any of its obligations under this agreement by reason of act of God, strikes, trade disputes, fire, breakdowns, interruption of transport, government or political action, acts of terrorism, acts or omissions of a third party or any other cause whatsoever outside MTB Express reasonable control, MTB Express will be under no liability to you and may, at its option, by written notice, either cancel the transfer, shuttle or tour service or arrange alternative service arrangements.
4.5 MTB Express also reserves, in its absolute discretion, the right to cancel any transfer, shuttle and tour service due to any government travel warning or advice, or any change in such warning or advice. In this event condition 4.4 applies in respect of the cancellation or transfer of a service. Travel insurance may compensate you depending on the circumstances.
Changes by Us
4.5 Route and Cost Changes. MTB Express reserves the right to:
- Change the cost of any service and/or date of departure or conclusion of any transfer, shuttle or tour service, or, modify any aspect of any transfer, shuttle or tour service, or postpone, cancel or delay any such aspect of any service if in the absolute discretion of MTB Express, if it is necessary to do so due to inclement weather, snow or icy conditions or conditions that are otherwise likely to be hazardous or dangerous or due to any other adverse or threatening conditions which may affect the safety of participants.
- In the event of any change, modification, cancellation postponement or delay under this condition, you acknowledge that you will have no right of refund of the service price (whether in whole or in part) and no right to claim compensation for any injury, loss or damage or other additional expenses incurred by virtue of the change, modification, cancellation postponement or delay.
5 Unaccompanied Minor
5.1 We do not permit children aged less than 15 years to travel unaccompanied by a parent or guardian. All minors under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
5.2 Minors aged 15 years and over may travel unaccompanied but their supervision and safety is the sole responsibility of their parent or guardian.
5.3 All MTB Express drivers have working with children checks done and hold a valid working with vulnerable people (child related activity) accreditation.
6 Behaviour, Alcohol and Food
6.1 The consumption of any alcohol, other drinks and food (except water in screw top containers) is prohibited.
6.2 The smoking of cigarettes, e-cigarettes or the carrying, using or selling of any prohibited/illegal substance is also prohibited.
6.3 We will require any passenger to disembark, or permission to board will be refused, if in the opinion of MTB Express or the driver and in their sole discretion:
- The passenger appears to be or is affected by alcohol or drugs;
- There is a threat to any passenger or MTB Express staff member as a result of violent, abusive or aggressive behaviour. Violence, abuse or aggression in any form will not be tolerated and we will report any such behaviour to the police.
7 Baggage (including bikes)
7.1 MTB Express has a baggage allowance of one mountain bike and one small bag of associated personal/riding equipment per passenger. Additional items (such as large luggage bags, mountain bike carry bags, extra bikes or excess baggage may be permitted, subject to an excess baggage fee and availability of space.
7.2. Excess baggage can be pre purchased online when you book a ticket. Excess baggage rate is $50 per passenger.
7.3 MTB Express accepts no responsibility and is not liable for any damage to, theft or loss of any passengers property including but not limited to all personal items, luggage and mountain bikes.
7.4 While we take care to strap your bikes down securely on our purpose built mountain bike trailers passengers are responsible for the protection of fragile items and must ensure that no item causes any danger, obstruction or inconvenience to other passengers, the driver or the bus.
8 Unclaimed Luggage
8.1 Any property that is left aboard a MTB Express vehicle will be stored at the owner’s risk for no more than 30 days.
8.2 A small administration fee may be applied for the return of lost property in addition to any freight expenses incurred in the return of lost property which you must pay in advance.
9 Drivers and Passengers
9.1 MTB Express drivers will provide minor assistance for a passenger at the discretion of the driver.
9.2 Passengers must be able to move and place their own luggage on and off the bus or trailer and within the bus or trailer.
9.3 Passengers also acknowledge that their luggage must be stowed safely and securely in the bus or trailer.
9.4 Passengers acknowledge that by boarding the bus they may be filmed by CCTV footage and any film taken may be used by MTB Express strictly for purposes relating to issues of security and arising from the journey or for the purposes of legal proceedings by MTB Express or third parties.
Any pet, with the exception of assistance dogs, cannot be carried or allowed to travel on the bus.
11 Assumption of Risk and safety declaration
11.1 You acknowledge that: By its very nature mountain bike adventure travel can be more challenging and demanding with a commensurately high level of risk, and involve potential exposure to injury and possibly death, and:
11.2 You are solely responsible for your riding and own judgement to participate within your capabilities and that you are solely responsible for your health and well being.
11.3 Operational control of the transfer, shuttle or tour service may be in the hands of a third party and that your right of action in regard to any shortcoming of that third party’s performance is against the third party and not against MTB Express, and
11.4 The additional dangers and risks associated with mountain bike adventure travel may include difficult and dangerous terrain, extremes of weather, including sudden and unexpected changes, remoteness from normal medical services and from communications and evacuation difficulties in the event of illness or injury
11.5 We reserve the right to withdraw any person who in our opinion is likely to endanger themselves or others. We also reserve the right to cancel any activity if we become concerned for any reason for your safety or that of any other person.
11.6 You must follow our instructions and use any riding safety equipment at all times.
11.7 Personal bikes must be of good standard, in working order and adequately suitable for the trails they intend to be ridden on. All personal equipment should meet Australian Standards and be in adequate condition and suitable for riding on mountain bike trails.
11.8 For the above reasons you accept the inherent and increased dangers and risks associated with the proposed adventure and the accompanying risk of injury, death or property damage or loss.
12 Limitation of Liability
12.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- All passengers and their property are entirely at their own risk;
- MTB Express will not be liable to the passenger for death, sickness of or any other injury to any passenger or for any other injury, loss or damage suffered by the passenger whether personal or consequential or otherwise, however caused;
- MTB Express will not be liable for the loss of or damage to any personal effects, luggage or other goods, whether or not such loss or damage is suffered, or is caused by anything occurring before, after, or in the course of any journey; and
- MTB Express liability to a passenger is limited to the amount paid by the passenger to us for his/her transfer ticket or only the transfer or shuttle part of any other booking.
12.2 It is Your responsibility to meet any airline’s check-in time and to allow sufficient time for unexpected delays, traffic congestion, unavailability, accidents, road works, delays or interoperability of transport services between the car park and the terminal (if any).
12.3 We have no liability to you if you miss your flight unless caused by the negligence of MTB Express or its agents or employees, and then only to the extent that MTB Express negligence has caused or contributed to any additional costs You incur in:
- Re-booking your flight at a later day and time; and
- Any accommodation costs incurred provided that a later flight is not available on the original date of travel.
13 Travel Insurance
Travel insurance It is a condition of booking with MTB Express that you are adequately insured in respect of illness, injury, death, damage or loss of baggage, personal property items and cancellation or curtailment. It is your responsibility to make such insurance arrangements.